Thursday, September 01, 2005

HIGH SCHOOL REUNION

Wazzup??!!!! I came to work too early today. I should have known that the procedure will start at 9:30 am. And knowing my doctor, she will probably start at 10am. Good thing that the internet is working or else I would have been hiding in my secret corner sleeping!

So whats new? I saw a message on my friendster bulletine board that Ellen Nario (married na ba?), old high school friend and CAT batallion commander created a yahoo group for our HS batch. After reading the short message I knew that she wanted us to have a reunion! (am I right? sabi ko na nga ba I'm a psycho!) Then I remembered our batch's misfortunes... Isn't it nice to go back to the old HS? "I want to run to the halls of my high school. I want to scream at the top of my lungs. I just found out theres no such thing as a real world. Just a lie, you have to rise above. I just can't wait for my ten year reunion. I'm gonna bust down the double doors. And when I stand on these tables before you, you will know what all this time was for."

What do I miss in HS? The food! I love the fried rice and barbecue drowning in ketchup at the canteen. There are times that I dream of it. After scrutinizing the fried rice's ingredients I found out what makes it really tasty...bits and pieces of left over barbecue probably from last week! Thats why it has that smokey taste. The other thing is the spaghetti at the old Vicencio Cafeteria. I never tasted spaghetti like that in my life. Through the years I have been researching for that recipe but I wasn't successful enough. Tough luck!

Back then there were a lot of misfortunes that faced us. During our junior year, we didn't have a JS Prom. The school had a different parish priest that neglected the repair of the school grounds. Thus, the school ground is a huge swamp filled with water from the flood (Navotas kasi e.) coming from the estero con river/manila bay, and debris intended for the grounds renovation. It was there until we were seniors. So for two years we didn't have that elusive prom. (mahirap kasi sumayaw at magparty sa mga foot-bridges na naka-helera. Pesteng baha yan oh!) Good thing that none of us had Dengue fever or Malaria. Feeling Vietnam con Badjao kami nun!

Now, if I push a little harder and find the old farts, our dream prom could be a realilty. I might even ask someone from ABS-CBN to make it a TV-reality series. Hahahaha! If it comes true they better prepare their old school uniforms. It will be a blast seeing a bunch of 30 year old something, fat and balding professionals having a party! Par-teeee!!! There are a few things that I would like to do in that party:
  1. Wear my old uniform (duh?! di na kasya! amoy baul na yun!)
  2. Spike the punch with gin and vodka (some of my friends are alcoholic. for them baka pure unleaded gas na lang ipainom ko!)
  3. Have sex in one of the classrooms (siempre with my wife! hehehee!)
  4. Bug one of my classmate experiencing early midlife crisis to the point of suicide. (para may climax ang tv-reality series. not like that pinoy version of big brother. you guys suck!!!)
  5. Jamming with my music teacher Ms. Diana Gabriana to the tune of "jumbo hotdog" by the infamous Masculados.

I have to stop here. Lets wait until I met with Charo Santos. Baka manakaw ang idea ko ni Oprah! Hehehe! For now lets find the rest of the pack.

"Calling all San Jose Academy de Navotas batch '92 please stand up!!!" email me at sinneddc@yahoo.com or find me at friendster. At the moment we have like...ah...5 members! Join naman kayo so that we can reserve the videoke bar near the church! hehehe!

No comments: