Tuesday, September 20, 2005

REAL GENIUS

If there is one movie that made me what I am today, it would be "Real Genius". It stars Val Kilmer as the handsome, cocky, smart ass genius, who discovered that being an academic is not everything. He can be found transforming the school dorm into a skating rink, and doing unthinkable things like using liquid nitrogen sliced into pennies to be used to outsmarting vending machines. During the betamax era, kids like me would kill to be Val Kilmer! The 80's has transformed nerds into glorified geeks.

But who doesn't want to be smart? Our parents raised us with a piece of bamboo stick on their hand that bruised out butts to force us to become Einsteines. But if being a genius means being like Val Kilmer then by all means! Give me that lab coat, slick my hair with gel and give me a pair of ray ban shades. Because the future's so bright, I got to wear shades!

So here I am 20 years from now, wearing a lab coat, semi-kalbo head and still wearing my Killer Loop shades. I'm living my fantasy turned reality...atleast the shades part worked, except I'm not a genius. Just a guy in a lab coat wearing shades.

No comments: