Sunday, September 04, 2005

LIFE: EXPLAINED BY A PATHETIC BLOGGER

Whenever I see a freshly made blogsite I noticed that the first thing that they will blog is how they see life. Its not bad. In fact we all agree in one thing, life sucks! It is full of hardships and mishaps. One can never tell how things will end. But I also agree that life is a journey. The best things in life are the experiences that you have. At times I find myself telling my adventures to people younger than me, like an old man... I love life! sige countdown uli tayo ha.


  1. When was the last time that you did something for the first time? I cant wait 'till that first time comes again. I have tried a lot of things. Somehow I feel like I'm running out of things to try out.
  2. I like telling my wartime stories to my friends. The more stupid and abnoxious the better!
  3. Just in case I die, I will miss my favorite food. Because I heard that when you get to heaven you won't feel any hunger. No liquor. How do you guys like this place as your after death hideaway? In my own little way I guess I can relate to Eric Clapton when he said "cause I know I don't belong here in heaven."
  4. It's not that I support satan. I don't want to go to hell! I will miss the cold weather if I get stuck there.
  5. But enough about the material things, there are more important treasures than that. Having friends is one of the reasons why we survive. No matter how big they are, age, gender, religion, even if they have extra toes, we would not have evolved into the people that we are if not for them.
  6. Family. I am lucky to be in two families now that I am married. I got an extra mom and dad, a couple of sisters and a brother now. Buy one take five! My wife gave me a good deal for all of them. But they are not cheap! Her parents sends us a lot of goodies every now and then.
  7. Biological Family. There are 3 members in my family, and I love all of them. I have a sweet sister, a loving mother who cares so much for my salvation more than anything, and a caring father who tries to make me feel special and loved through the years. I owe my life to them. Truly irreplaceble!
  8. My wife. She is a living witness to my triumphs, failures, joys and pains. I found love and happiness in my honey, that I decided to live the rest of my life with her. If I die tomorrow and have the chance to live again, I would chose to be with her again.
  9. Diego Luis dela Cruz. My reason to live has doubled with the coming of our baby boy (coming soon). He will be born in December, the same month as his mother and aunt Diane's birthday. Now I have a christmas present to look forward to. In a way, I think me and my wife has found the secret to immortality. This little boy will spread our genes someday, and all his offsprings will know us. Atleast our names will be remembered every All Souls Day.
  10. Because life is a journey.

When you get to be 30, you start to look back from your childhood and asses your achievements one by one, and measure your success. At 40, you enter the era of midlife crisis and convice yourself that you have done well in life.

Well, for me life is a journey. I remember almost all the faces that I have met, and cherish the experiences that I have enjoyed so much. And everytime I go back to those memories, it inspires me to live my life in a different way...better, fuller and richer.

Thank God I'm alive! Now all I have to worry about is getting Alzheimers disease. I hope not. Because I want to remember each one of you, and treasure you for the rest of my abnoxious and pathetic life. =>

No comments: