Friday, September 02, 2005

CHANGE

I have recently been listening to my mp3 of Blind Melon, Wolfgang and 2pac. All of them wrote a song about change, so I decided to write mine too.

Back when I was in college and grunge music dominated the airwaves, I came across a writting on the walls. Sometimes it was written with a permanent marker, and some days it was written in chalk (naubusan na siguro ng pentel pen). The message goes like this:"News Blackout!!! The dry cell battery's polarity is not what it seems. Positive is really negative and vise versa! by Engr Salenga." I saw this message from Isetan Recto to Mendiola. The guy who wrote this must be seriously nuts I told myself.

After graduation, I worked at a hospital in E.Rodriguez QC and I explored the best way to get there from Navotas (layo no?). That day I chose to get down at Tayuman and ride a jeep to Espana corner Trabaho market. I am always fond of ridding near the jeepneys estribo because it is easier to get off from there. One afternoon a normal looking guy rode the jeep where I was on. He was wearing a sky blue sport shirt with matching clutchbag in his arms and stayed near the estribo (sabit lang). He was gazing at the passengers inside and he spoke. "Mga kababayan! News black out lang po! Ako po si Engr. Salenga at nadiskubre ko po na niloloko tayo ng gobyerno. Pinalalabas po ng ating gobyerno na ang polarity ng battery ay baligtad! (his eyes widened as he spat on the floor) ang positive ay negative. At ang negative ay positive! Matagal ko na po itong ipinaglalaban ngunit muntik na po akong ipakulong. Sa katunayan para mapagtakpan ang nadiskubre ko pinapunta nila si Lea Salonga sa America para matakpan ng kasikatan niya ang pangalan ko! Salenga po ako. Si Lea ay Salonga! Katunayan hindi lang po iyan ang ikinakalat nilang kasinungalingan sa atin. Ang sabi nila, ang kalangitan daw ay kulay blue.Pero sa katunayan ito ay Pink!" (nyee!!!)

After that brief encounter things were never the same for me. Whenever I look at the sky I ask myself if its really blue. Or is it really pink? Who knows. But when I left that jeep I knew something for a fact...he was wearing pink.

the truth is out there...

X filed,

Dennis a.k.a. Bamboo (roll?)

No comments: