Monday, October 24, 2005

SMALLVILLE


Why are most superheroes sterile and frigid? Is it because they wear tight-stretchy-pants? Or is it because they wear their underwear on top of it? I can only speculate for now.

One thing I know is that I hate watching "Smallville". I've seen the show a couple of times because I wanted to know how different the story line goes from the original Superman. But to my dismay, I found that the show lacks substance. I'm a Superman fan, but I hated the fact that Jerry Siegel turned a superhuman into a shmuck when he is not wearing his costume. He always manages to keep himself out of the limelight for some reason. He avoids direct confrontation, romance, sex, and always keeps himself on a safe distance. If he was real I probably wouldn't like Clark Kent. He is too good for a person, always self-righteous and tries to make himself weak when he is not. To top it off, why are superheroes super jinx? Remember the case of Spiderman?

It would have been a good show to tell you the truth. The only thing that I like about Smallville is Kristin Kreuk! She is super cute! Now why would Clarke Kent pass on a girl like this? Is there something wrong with his mojo? I would like to think that he is just being careful because he might break Lana Lang (is she the same as Lois Lane?) from his super strength. Overall, Smallville is not my favorite show…not until Clark Kent decides to take control of his life. We are in a generation based in reality...so why not put some of it in a fictional charactes life?

No comments: