Sunday, October 16, 2005

BIRYANI BLUES

In the middle east, one of the most disgusting thing that you can tell a Pinoy aside from telling him "you're mom is a whore" (pu...bleep! bleep!), is that you like Indian food (lets not give credit to the Arabs by calling it Arabic food ok? click on the links to know the difference.). But then again why not? Indian food is full of aromatic spices, the ones that we are not accustomed to. Well, curry is not on my list since we've grown familiar with this spice.

A week ago, I had a craving for this kind of food...(P........!!! magkamatayan na kapag bukas may nang-alaska sa akin ha?!). Huh??? I can't explain it man....Maybe because there was one time, about four years ago when I had to do overtime at work, and there isn't any food around except Burgerland BDF. They used to serve luch there. There was also this nice Pinoy guy who gave me a taste of Mutton Masala. He said that this is the only thing that he has that taste a little like pinoy food. All the rest taste like shit! (joke!) And so I tried...mmmm...taste like Mechado with curry! Bingo! Lunch at last! But at that time I can only eat a small portion of it, because I knew that the soft yummy thing inside my mouth is mutton. Overtime became a lifestyle for me from then on, and Masala has been a stapple every now and then. (huh?)

So thats my story...Indian food is not bad at all. It just takes a little getting used too. I know for a fact that the Powerpuff Girls are made of it. "Sugar and Spice (curry to! pusta?!!) and everything nice".

"I would like to thank Ed "The Navy Seal" for providing the Miller Lite for tonights blog."

No comments: