Thursday, October 11, 2007

THE GRASS IS GREENER ON THE OTHER SIDE

I got a weird dream this afternoon. All my ex-friends who left Bahrain were in our apartment looking for peace and reconciliation with us. I had no doubt that it was a dream, but the thing is that no matter how angry I am with them I felt like we’ve been left in a dumpster. It’s not that I don’t like this place, I just want to get out of here and live a new life somewhere in greener pastures.
The best place that I could think of if ever we leave this place is the “O.C.” My friend CJ lives near the OC after she left Chicago. She showed me pictures after pictures of the beach. It was breath taking. Imagine having that view in front of your doorstep? Wow! It’s like front row seats to God’s gallery.
Now you may be wondering what a million dollar job I have? There is no way in God’s grace will I be able to afford that lifestyle, but I’m still dreaming of it for Lany and Diego. I could only wish for a superb place under the sun for them.
As for my evil ex-friends, I will never forget the kindness and hospitality that you showed me when I was new here. It’s a shame why we couldn’t get along with each other. If only fate hadn’t screwed us up we would still be good friends. Thank you for the good times.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Derek, dito sa Florida may medical staff shortage! As in, walang laman ang classifieds kundi puro medical staff. From billing to OT/PT to Nurse or Doctors! Sana nakinig na lang ako sa tatay ko.

BTW, di ba ang dreams daw ay may subliminal meaning? Hmmm...