Saturday, February 11, 2006

I LOVE CASH!!!

Before our good buddy Ed left, we sort of swapped Mp3 files. His music collection was on his trusty external hard drive, and mine on my ever dependable desktop pc. It's no surprise that we had a lot of mp3 files in common. Afterall, I burned a few CD's for him a long time ago. But to my surprise, he had a collection of Johnny Cash songs stashed in his "my music" folder. I figured, what the hell is honky-tonk music doing in his hard drive? I know he's from Texas, but he ain't no American cowboy. He's a Pinoy cowboy! (Meron bang Pinoy Cowboy? O "katutubo" ang tawag dun?)The one that eats one day old egg and drinks gin in the middle of a street. Hee-hee! But whatever, I only knew one song from tough old Johnny, "The Ring of Fire". And I didn’t like it because I'm a fan, but because they played it in Joaquin Phoenix's movie about Johnny Cash. Yes, I'm a Joaquin Phoenix fan. And if I can change my name, it would be Joaquin. Just don't call me "wack-wack". You crazy people already called my son "Dieg-dieg"! One day I'll throw my baby's soiled diaper on you for doing so.

Anyways, I was listening to it this morning on my discman (I know it's primitive, but it plays Mp3's too!) and I found that it's cool! Every song is like a short story, and the rythym in my imagination is like riding a horse or a train. I listened to every track and there is a common theme in it, mostly family relationships, the west, misfortunes and good old fashion cowboy chitchat. Very different from the music that we hear today. I get tired of the sex topic too you know!

No comments: