Thursday, February 09, 2006

THE ART OF WAITING AND A GUY NAMED BILLY

I have been at the lab since 7am in the morning working on one procedure. The whole thing including the preparation of media can be done in less than two hours. Now it's about 10:30 am, and I have wasted most of my time waiting for the doctors to come and do their patient.

I hate the idea of waiting. Because deep down inside I am a result oriented person. Last night even before I went to bed I knew that this would happen. I wished that there will be an active internet connection at work or else I'll to die of boredom. There was a tempting effort to stash the PS2 in my bag and play a game while I wait, but I didn't. There is a guilt feeling, like I was cheating on my wife while she babysit's my son with a few hours of sleep. Her arms are sore for certain, I thought. But anyways, I'm glad that I didn't because now I had the time to write this entry.

On a dimmer side, I discovered the confessions of Billy Corgan, the Smashing Pumkins frontman. His memoirs are so disturbing and sad that I imagined myself in his shoes. Scary! Writing something like that takes a lot of guts. What kind of a person can openly reveal his persona to the whole world? Nevermind Billy, but what about the other people that he wrote about? This made me more sensitive of what I would write in future blogs. I don't want to end up like a roadkill on someone else's journal.

No comments: