Sunday, November 13, 2005

MY NANNY IS LIKE A SATELLITE

It’s another day of work for me. Yesterday, I thought that I have already finished my report to my boss, but after he browsed the papers he saw that there are a few things missing… that’s why today, it will be another day facing the office PC.

In order to finish my papers, I needed to go to Ate Raq’s for her files. But tough luck! She has an appointment for an x-ray so I need to wait for a little while.

Pass our narrow hallway that is being renovated (it looks like a Gap store because they removed the ceiling panels. Now everything up there is exposed. I like it that way, it’s rugged.) I overheard the nurses having a conversation while they take their morning coffee. If all the nurses are inside one room at the same time, then they must be talking of something very important! I must get inside the pantry for a scoop! Hehehehe!

I have a bunch of interesting co-workers. Sometimes you can’t help but compare my workplace to the news room of CNN! One girl in particular sounds like the late Inday Badiday because of her rough, annoyingly-high-pitched-raspy-voice. No rumor can escape the pointy ears of our staff! We are always up to date, and sometimes the news is being broadcasted even if it hasn’t happened yet! I think you call it precognition…

I walked in, and the news is about… Sarah Geronimo and Mark Bautista… Not as juicy as I thought the topic will be, but on a lazy day (like any other day after the previous boss had been booted out…) it is good news! Rumor has it that Sarah and Mark were invited to a Sheikh’s house for dinner. Apparently, the kids of the Royal Family are a big fan on the singing couple. How? We’ll the Royal Filipina Housemaid’s watch TFC (or ABS-CBN) at home while they baby sit the kids, that’s why! If the maids can influence them with a small thing like music, then I guess those kids learned more than that! One time my friend Shaikah cussed in Tagalog, which didn’t surprise me as much because she already told me that she had a Pinay nanny when she was a kid. Kudos to our kababayan!

Back to Sarah and Mark…

The couple was invited to a lavish banquet at the Sheikh’s residence, and was asked to perform their famous songs. And at the end of the evening Sarah was given a set of gold jewelry and an envelope full of cash! Mark received an expensive watch and probably some cash. People pay so much for good entertainment here. Especially when they are royalty.

And as for me…I’m still waiting for Ate Raq’s to comeback so that I can get my much needed files.

More coffee please!

No comments: