Saturday, March 05, 2005

FRIENDSter...

I use to hate it when my inbox becomes full of junkmail. But what is a junkmail? For me, junkmail is those useless, nonsense, irrelevant, unwanted and unsolicited mail that you get from you personal email account. This includes forwarded messages and chain letters that I swear to God, do not read. I'm sorry friends but I do not like forwarded messages. Specially the ones that say that I will die if I don't forward it to 15 people in 5 minutes. This sucks! How can your friends send you these things?! They might as well send me a message telling me to "drop dead"!

A couple of years ago when Friendster started, I use to get tons of invitation from friends. And this is not only one time! And everytime it comes I just quickly erase it and poof! its gone. I never realized that its important. Until one day, my wife recieved an invitation from one of her friends to join. And when she did, I was amazed that she got hooked up to all her friends from different parts of the world. Man that was good! And then I remember that there was a time that I registered to that site....hmmm...I immediately browsed my inbox to try and find the my friendster password. It might be worth it?

And there I was inside friendster figuring out how it works. CJ and I have been trying to locate our friends from our batch a long time ago. And this is my chance to find them. Good thing that I still remember some of their names and kept an old email address of them. The concept of Friendster is funny. You get interconnected with each friend that you find. Amazing! I found myself finding names one bye one, and I giggle like a schoolgirl with each succesful search. How corny can I get?!

But with all the searches that I've made I didnt send any message to everyone. My face that was on my profile or the invitation to join me as a friend already meant something. That I can be reached anywhere in the world as long as I'm connected to the net. Kinda makes the world a small place does it?

Would you like to join me at friendster? =>

posted by Dennis

No comments: