Tuesday, March 08, 2005

I REALIZED...

I realized that a doctor is like a wine...the older they are the more experienced they get.

My friends son was diagnosed to have a chronic muscular atrophy condition. They said he will die after sometime. From the time that I heard about it, I couldnt erase his picture in my mind. Poor boy! I pity his big brother and his parents. They are the one who will be scared and burdened by his absence. I dont ever want to have that experience. When my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer around 6 years back, i felt that my world has collapsed. I have to be stronger. I could still remember my father's phone call during my mom's operation. He was asking me if he should sign the consent to remove my mothers right breast because they found out that the cyst is malignant. Imagine a woman having a bad hair day because her hairdresser messed her hair up...now thats only hair! Can you imagine how a woman would feel like after waking up to find that her right breast is missing?

I realized that friendster is a modern day "pen-pal service"...

When I was a kid, I remember our maid sending letters to her pen-pal. How lonely can she get?! She mailed each one of them from the magazine but there wasn't any reply that came back. I was thinking she probably said that she works as a maid. I told her that after I mentioned that after I told her to use rexona. And then after a month she said she was going for a vacation. She never came back.

I realized that learning a new language is difficult...

Last year I was trying hard to learn French. But did you know that this is by far one of that hardest language to learn? I didn't take heed to my friend Sarah's warning that its really difficult. I was relaying to the fact that the Filipino tongue is more flexible than rubber. I still dont want to admit that I was wrong. Because I know that with practice, I can learn the language perfectly. Never underestimate the power of a pinoy's will I say. But come to think about it, I've been in Bahrain for almost 4 years. And damn! I can't speak fluent Arabic! Your fault Sarah! ;> Now I'm trying to learn Spanish. It's easier I guess. Lets see how I do with it in a week.

I realized that I'm fat...

Yes! You've seen the pictures! This is what love has done for me. They say that this is a sign of contentment. Fine! But I refuse to be fat! (im eating a left over of Lany's baon of chicken nuggets while I write this piece.)

They said that admitting the problem is the first step in solving it. And yes I am fat! But what am I going to do with it? Its really hard to take a diet. When I skip a meal, I always comeaback with a vengence! I eat more the next time I have food in front of me. I tried the after 6 diet. But I overeat before 6pm. Does anybody have a suggestion about my problem? Please email me at sinneddc@yahoo.com. I would appreciate the help.

posted by Dennis

No comments: