Wednesday, February 02, 2005

WEDDING FILE 2: "MANO PO"

Before I start, I would like to thank Richard Vinluan for the invitation to write comments on his blogsite. Nice piece of work!

Secondly, I'm happy that our visitors reached the 400 mark! I never knew that anybody would be interested in these things. It surely gives me a reason to blog about. To everyone out there, keep reading! And don't be afraid to write your comments.

MANO PO:

I never really watched any of the Mano Po movies, but I felt that I was in it during the Pamamanhikan thing. I don't even know how the movie goes but I'm pretty sure that it will be as cheesy as what I will tell you. All these will be from my point of view ok. Let my wife tell you about her's. Hee-hee!

And so, two days after the arrival we planned for the first family visit to Lany's family in Fairview. I felt so nervous! Finally my folks will be stepping on Caras territory. Knowing a little bit of our family's differences made me feel uneasy. All we wanted is that our families will get along very well. Like they say, "First impressions, last...". And I haven't made a good impression to her parents yet!

This day didn't start well. You see, we wanted to secure a few documents during the day before we take the big move during the afternoon. We were suppose to meet up in Jollibee Cubao at 8am. And then well go to the Navotas City Hall to apply for our Marriage Contract, have lunch at my place then bring my parents to Caras territory in at 4pm. But as always, my better half is always late.

And so there I was in Cubao, earlier than usual. I took extra care in planning for my trip to Jollibee so I won't be late and not waste any time sitting there. I want to get things done asap! Afterall, I haven't had a descent sleep before and during our trip to pinas. We've been very busy with the preparation. (And I thank God and Bill Gates for the internet! If it wasn't for this medium we would have organized this whole event.)

After a cup of coffee and 1 order of Jolly Longanisa Breakfast, it was already 8am and Lany hasnt showed up yet. So I ordered a glass of Jolly Iced Tea to cool my nerves. My intuition tells me that she will be very late. And it will make me very mad! Afterall, patience has never been my best virtue. I messaged her time and time again, but with no reply. I tried to call her but she wouldnt answer....little by little, the fiber of my ever thining strand of patience is running out. Thank God, Farmers Plaza has opened a few minutes early. I have walk to cool down. And so I messaged her that I will stroll around the mall while I wait for her. Message sent! A couple of minutes inside National Bookstore I still didn't get any message from her. And so I took out my phone. My grip starts to tighten as I peek at the LCD... "I have a full signal. What happened to her?! I hope she is ok."

Hours later I found myself tired, unproductive, and sitting on a chair at malls internet shop. I found myself blogging for some reason. Trying to get my feelings out to anyone who wants to read it. I felt that its easier to pull a chicken out of my ear that to wait for someone who might not even show up. (sorry honey! I felt I'm murdering you. But I have to justify the event. =>) I texted her to say that Im going home. I have to go and get our marriage liscence. See you tonight.

I rushed for the bus stop. My head is throbbing from thinking what had happened to her. My battery is running low. After finding the most comftable seat in the bus, my phone rang! Its my Honey and she already in Cubao! Darn! I have not passed SM North! "Do I have to go back there?" I asked myself My Jolly mood that I got from Jollibee has changed already. And so I told her that I will meet up with her tonight. I can't go back there. My mood has changed. Bad mood na! but she was persistent even as I hang the phone twice. She messaged me to ask directions to my place. Her father will drop her at my house. I got angrier. My folks dont expect the meeting to be so soon! The house is a mess! We didn't prepare anything for them! My GOD! I felt a Tsunami hit my chest. I want everything to be perfect, but whats happening?! Am I cursed? All these things were crushing my brains, as the funny voice on the radio said, "Kailangan pa bang i-memorize yan?" I knew I'm doomed!

I gave her the directions to my place. I also send a message to my sis Bab's to get ready. They might meet my inlaws early. She did not reaply but I know she will do something...some sort of a miracle perhaps.

When I reached home, my parents were already busy preparing food for them. The house was semi-presentable now. I bought a can of air freshener to lighten up the smell of seafood that my dad is cooking. Its the best that we can do for a surprise visit.

to be continued....

No comments: