Saturday, April 22, 2006

MASTERMIND

A few days ago I recieved a text message from my friend entitled "News Flash", regarding our former boss appearing on the Filipino daily news program. I felt like I was struck by lightning when I read it. Then after reading it, I have to scroll back and re-read it again. How can a rich bastard become a criminal? Not just a criminal who killed a person by impulse, but a person who plans his crimes well.

It was about 6 years ago when I met him. He was young, handsome and thought to be one of the coolest boss in the hospital for his ability to get along with his staff. There was even a time when I was called to his office to explain why I forgot to punch in my time card. I told him that it was a mistake that I forgot punch in. He told me that I dont need to explain much further, and that I should never do it again. The meeting ended with a handshake and a full respect from the new HRD boss.

The next day after the text message, I saw the news for myself. His picture flashed briefly on the tube, I knew it was him but Im still in disbelief. The man that I once worked with is the mastermind of the "Valleverde Gang". And again I asked myself "What the hell is wrong with them? Isn't being born rich a good reason to live decent life?"

No comments: