Friday, November 26, 2004

ANGELS AMONGST MEN

Hi! As you can see, I have posted my friends pictures here! Maybe because I'm so excited to see them. The last couple of days had been a roller coaster ride for Lany and me. Last 17th of this month I went to my airline agent to confirm our ticket reservations. I was looking for the lady in charge of our company's ticket reservation but she wasn't there. Apparently on leave daw. So I guess its ok since she's only an agent. There are several tables in their office all occupied by smiley faced agents. All I have to do is pick one! And so I did. I went for the person nearest to me. She's Indian and nice, and have that plastered smile...and I'm confident that she knows what she's doing. And so I asked her to move our return trip to the 26th of January, just to have atleast a days rest before we go back to work. When she typed in slow-mo, I knew there is something wrong. And after serveral minutes of more typing she said, "It will be better If I come back on saturday because I'm not sure of something in your booking. The person in charge of your company's booking is on leave, and will be back on saturday. But everything is ok..." Then I told myself, shit there is really something wrong here! To make everything short, when I came back that week they told me that our reservation expired last week! The same day that I came to their office! I am so mad at that Indian girl! Because this isn't just a vacation, we are getting married! And of all the times that there will be a snag, it picked the most important time of our lives!!! If there was a complimentary shot gun in their office, I would have loaded it with a couple of 12 guage shells and BANG!!! However, it will be unfair to say that the entire House of Travel agency is a F*!$-up because of one rotten agent. Afterall, all my other bookings are efficiently well taken cared off. We must all be very careful of our dealings. (moral lesson #1)

How did we fix it? (okay! I said I will make it short. But if you want to find out what happened you have to read the long part of the story!)

I believe that there are angels amongst men. Not the ones with fancy wings, and carries a harp! Because any women can have wings (whisper with wings! hehehe!). I mean, I believe that there is good in everyone. Even from those who we don't expect to recieve a good deed from. Friends are Angels, and some men are angels. After our ordeal with the agency we called some friends that could help us. Someone who have connections from up above(....and when I say above, I meant Cathay Pacific... they own a portion of the skies you know. I will mention the "G" word later). We called Mrs. Weng Caday, a long time friend of ours. She is also our godmother when we get married (and we picked a good one!). She recomended us to BTTB travel agency, to Mr. Reggie to be exact, to help us with our problem. Reggie did a good job. (Very professional. Next time I travel I will go straight to this dude!) He made reservations to the several dates and he called Angelo Abonis of Cathay. Problem solved!

Sure, there was hope hanging in the air. Afterall, they managed to get us on the waiting list. But we aren't there yet! There is still something that has to be done! We decided to call several friends. Ate Babes was kind enough to say that "If nothing happens, call me!" We informed Ate Telly as well. She said "No problem, I will call my friend." All these "angels" are pointing to one person. The man in charge!

ANGELO ABONIS
Cathay Pacific
+973-17226226

He is the man of the hour. He made it possible to book us, eventhough we had an expired booking. So if you have a problem with Cathay Pacific, call this guy! It doesnt matter even if you are not in Bahrain. He can do wonders! He told me that Ate Telly and sister Mayeth called him up, to extend us a helping hand. (how nice of them! we owe you!)

There! This is my testament that there are angels amongst us. They may not have wings, but they have mobile phones! A phone call can be much faster than a physical flight you know. But more than that, we are glad that we are surrounded by friends. Thank GOD for giving them to us. We are truly blessed! al-hamdal-alah (Thanks be to GOD in arabic!)

On another topic, my friend Dr. Philip Lopez, and Dra. Zen Lopez have been reading this blogspot! Its a nice way to keep in touch di ba? Philip is my best man. That makes Zen the best woman of the groom! Please tell Richelle (can you believe that he wants to be called Ritchie?) to make himself useful and read this blog! He didn't greet me on my birthday this year! Not like the past years! Wala kwenta talaga! hehehe!!! joke lang!

Yours truly, Ritchie (sometimes I dont know who I'm referring to when I call him like this) and Philip have a way of roasting each other when we get together. Most of the time me make a secret alliance with one another and we ambush the third guy by roasting him! Very crispy!!! I guess we like embarassing ourselves in front of an audience. Good thing Mama Ester (Philips mama! Godmother to us also this January) is there to save me when the two evil boys have pinned me down. But now that I have the upper hand, I can tell the whole world how retarded you guys are! Bwa-ha-ha-haaaaaaaa!!! So be extra nice to me! That goes to you Dr. Lopez! Bwahahahahahaha! You told me that my cheeks are huge, just like a patient who just finished his dialysis session in our blog pictures. Cute! You ridiculed me with medical terms man! Galing! you really are a doctor. We are not finished yet! Har-har-har-har!!! (evil laughter)

Anyhow, my next blog is about the evil of mankind and my friends. Promise! For now my boss is coming back to the lab now. I don't want to be caught eating, or surfing the net here at lab...Again! I don't want to get in trouble with her before I go on vacation. I don't want to have any bad blood between us. I love my job!

To my honey, we'll get over this soon. Think positive! I love you!

>>>>>Love,
>>>>>>>>>Dennis

No comments: