Monday, December 26, 2005

PARENTAL ADVICE

After making a bad decision, has anybody told you that someday you are going to experience being a parent? I got a lot of that when I was in still with my parents, and they remind me each time I come home at dawn after a party, after I haven't come home after a day, after not going home for two days, after not coming home after 3 days, and almost everytime that I upset them. Those were troubled times for me. I knew that they were right, and if they had a heart condition I could make them drop dead the second I make that mistake. Good thing that my grandparents on both side only have diabetis!

Teens nowadays have a hard time digesting the facts of life. They take for granted all the things that they spoon feed us. Perhaps because they know that it will take years for them to face the problems that we adults are experiencing. (Yes, I'm an adult...but it doesn't mean I'm fully matured!) It seems that "live for the moment" is the motto of this generation. But that is only one way to look at it. There are always two sides of the coin. Whatever happened to "look forward into the future"? We always miss the meaning of "goals" from" dreams".

After having a week old baby, I too have go back to all the wisdom that my parents passed on to me. It is not true that all the things they said, (most of them came out of anger) went in one ear and came out of the other. No. I have always kept them in me. I just haven't applied them yet.

Thanks to everyone who wished us well these holidays. You can catch us online almost every night. Have a Merry Christmas and a meaningful New Year!

Ciao!

Dennis, Lany and Diego (don't you every call me Dieg-dieg! ok???)

No comments: