Tuesday, October 19, 2004

OLD FRIENDS

Just a while ago I recieved a mysterious call on my mobile. I was apprehensive to anywhere it 'coz the number doesn't show on screen. It only reads "Private Number" on it. It might be a wrong number, I keep telling myself. I'm phobic of obscence calls for everybodys info. Because there was a point in my life that my ex-girlfriend gave my number to hired stalkers (her girlfriends) to get back at me...HEY! HOLD THAT THOUGHT! I didn't do anything bad to her! She just cant swallow the fact that I broke up with her.

Anyways, I answered the phone. And to my surprise, its my old friend ADONIS SAMPANA! He's an old buddy of mine from highschool. And after HS we really didn't see each other. 11years man! I guess its really my fault that we didn't see each other. I drifted away from them because I got stupid... But I'm glad that he called. He said that he is trying to trace his old friends. Maybe trying to revive our old barkada. But I'm weelly weelly glad that he called! Thanks to his wife's unlimited capability to call toll free! You're an angel madam!

Don-don (Adonis) is now currently living in Milan Italy, and working as a bartender at a strip club. (Sorry I have to call it that. Its way too cool to call it that rather than a night club) He's living my alter ego as this macho-cool-bartender-at-a-strip-joint! Really cool! Now I'm asking myself why am I working at an embryology lab. Working in a confined workplace such as a laboratory sucks!

It's ironic that from the 11 years that we didn't see each other, we still can talk the same as when we were kids. For 30 mins all the memories that we had together flashed before my eyes. I still remember those afternoons when he would just drop by my house to pick me up. We would spend joyous hours riding his mini-bike all around Navotas and Malabon while we chit-chat. We would visit our friends and hang out. These are my fond memories of those carefree times. (sigh)

I'm still optimistic to find the rest of the gang. And maybe someday, somewhere, sometime I will get to see all of them. Especially Gigi (what's your surname na nga?), Agnes, Jay Cupcupin, Emerson Salientes and Bernardo Vasquez. Wherever you guys are, I want you to know that you still have a friend in me.

--Dennis DC
--------------------------------oOo--------------------------------------------

My honey-curred is hibernating for the day, trying to save her energy for her night shift duty. The life of a nurse is not easy. I'm just glad that I spent my time with her. I love you honey! Call me later when you're free!

Love,
Dennis DC

No comments: