Tuesday, July 05, 2005

THE WEDDING CEREMONY

I have been wanting to finish my wedding blog so that I can skip to another topic but fate has not been kind to me. Unfortunately, illegal internet connection had been cut for two weeks now, rendering me very powerless. Sucks! But let me continue my story as I steal a few minutes of my work time at the office. Read on amigos!

The wedding ceremony went well. It is not perfect, and I won’t dare to tell you why because I might hurt a few people. But let me highlight some of the events during the ceremony:

The bride’s entrance was great! I bet it will be remembered in years to come.
Father Rex Cortez gave a very funny but informative homily even if the ceremony was late. If you are planning your wedding, make sure to put this guy on your list.
We didn’t make a mistake of hiring the ultimate quartet! Velvet Mood certainly made an impression that day. Especially, when they gave their rendition of “Our Father” by Malotte. I saw the expression on my Tita Flor’s face when the soprano hit the high notes. They definitely made a difference in our wedding. A million thanks to Dr. Ipe Lopez and Dr. Zen Lopez for recommending it to us.
The Unity Candle Ceremony was not perfect (because we didn’t practice. Hehehe!) But the candle was gorgeous! We didn’t spend much on this. We can’t afford a Balay Kandila. And it would certainly be a ridiculous purchase! My sister Diane handcrafted the candle’s flower-works, and I did the acetate and design.
Sisters Lany and Cheche aesthetically redid the pillows. It was ugly when we bought it in Divisoria, but was made lovely by tweaking the design a little bit.
Speaking of surprises, my boss for 4 years at the Delos Santos Medical Center, Dr. Elizabeth Arcellana-Nuqui was there to witness the event. It is an honor for me to see her beside the church doors smiling at us. She is really a wonderful person. My friend Jhen Cusipag from Norway was there with her mom, Lynne Ulip from Saudi Arabia, Michelle Papna and Luella Vertucio were there too. These guys are by buddies at the lab. It was surely nice to them to be there! I love you guys!

After kissing the bride at the end of the wedding, and all the pictures had been taken, my bride and me felt a sigh of relief. Married at last! All the hardships that we encountered preparing for it paid off. Two years in the making din yun! Now all we thought about was getting to Patio Victoria and celebrate our first day as husband and wife.

No comments: